Nintendo has had the best period of its history in the past year. Switch sales reached 85 million. On the gaming side, Animal Crossing sold 32 million copies in a year.
Nintendo’s successful game console Switch continues to sell like cheese. The console has now reached a sales threshold of 85 million, becoming the eighth best-selling console in history. The Switch is currently outpacing PSP , Gameboy Advance, and Xbox 360 .
28.83 million Switches have been sold in the last year
Nintendo has gone through one of the best periods in its history in the past year. The Switch console sold 28.83 million units between March 31, 2020 and March 31, 2021. The company’s annual revenue increased by 34.4% compared to the previous year, reaching $ 16.59 billion. Finally, operating profit increased by 81.8% compared to the previous year and reached $ 6.04 billion, the highest profit in Nintendo’s history .
Of course, the impact of the pandemic was also high in this incredible success of Nintendo. The company expects console sales to slow down a little over the next year. According to Nintendo’s estimates, 25.50 million Switch will be sold during the fiscal year ending March 2022. The Switch will thus surpass the PS3, Wii and PS1 consoles.
Switch may be the best selling console in history
The Switch managed to reach the 85 million sales threshold in just 49 months. It sells much faster than PS4 and Wii. In 2022, it will become the third best-selling console in history, surpassing PS4 and Game Boy. If Nintendo continues to support the Switch for a few more years afterwards, there is a possibility that the Switch will surpass the Nintendo DS and PS2 and take over the title of the best-selling console in history.
Best selling Nintendo games from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2022
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 20.85 (LTD 32.63m)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe – 10.62m (LTD 35.39m)
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 9.01m
- Ring Fit Adventure – 7.38m (LTD 10.11m)
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 5.59m
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 5.01m (LTD 23.84m)
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 4.86m (LTD 22.28m)
- Super Mario Party – 4.69m (LTD 14.79m)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 3.84m (LTD 10.44m)
- Pokémon Sword & Shield – 3.73m (LTD 21.1m)
- Super Mario Odyssey – 3.42m (LTD 20.83m)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 3.26m (LTD 9.59m)
- Clubhouse Games – 3.14m
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3.12m
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – 3.07m
- Splatoon 2 – 2.07m (LTD 12.21m)
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe – 2.04m
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 1.67m (LTD 7.15m)
- Xenoblade Chronicles DE – 1.52m
- Pokémon Let’s Go – 1.31m (LTD 13.28m)