When we say game console, PlayStation is undoubtedly the first thing that comes to the mind of gamers all over the world. PlayStation increased this popularity especially in the previous generation PlayStation 4 . It had a really good success in terms of the number of sales.
In the past hours, the official sales number of PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 has been officially announced. Apart from the number of sales of PlayStation 4 and 5, a few PlayStation statistics were also shared. You can find all the statistics below. Let us remind you that all statistics are made up of data received until March 31, 2021 .
- PlayStation 5 sold 7.8 million units worldwide and surpassed Sony’s “7.6 million sold” estimate of 200,000.
- PlayStation 4 sold 115.9 million units worldwide.
- In January-February-March 2021 , PlayStation 5 sold a total of 3.3 million units.
- PlayStation 4 sales decreased by 0.4 million compared to the same period of the previous year .
- The number of PlayStation Plus subscribers exceeded 47.6 million. The number of subscribers increased by 6.1 million compared to the same period of the previous year.
- PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 games sold 61.4 million units in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2020 . It decreased by 3.9 million units compared to the previous period .
- 7.9 million of the 61.4 million games sold belong to first-party games . 79% of sales made are digital sales.